Mango Mint Iced Green Tea
Take your iced green tea to the tropics with the exotic taste of mangos and cooling mint leaves.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 10 green tea bags
- 12 large sprigs mint, divided
- 2 mangos, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 8 oz vodka, optional
- In a large heat-proof pitcher, steep tea in 8 cups hot (not boiling) water for about 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully remove tea bags, gently squeezing, then discard. Set tea aside to cool to room temperature. Add 4 mint sprigs to tea. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare mango purée: To a blender, add mango and 1/4 cup water; purée until smooth, adding 1 tbsp more water at a time until purée is a pourable consistency. Transfer to a resealable container, then cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Before serving, remove mint from tea and discard. Divide mango purée among glasses, add 1 oz vodka (if using) and 1 mint sprig to each glass. Fill glasses with ice and top with green tea.
- Serving Size 1 1/4 cups
- Calories 34
- Carbohydrate Content 9 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 1 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g