Lots of companies now sell packages of precooked brown rice. You can of course cook yours from scratch, but using the precooked rice helps to make this dinner come together in a flash. Most markets sell large green- and orange-skinned mangoes, but there are other varieties, some that are smaller with yellow-orange skins. The smaller ones tend to be less stringy and very creamy in texture. If you purchase the smaller ones, you might want to pick up 3 or even 4 to get a similar yield as the larger ones.
Mango Mojito Chicken
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Season both sides of chicken with salt and black pepper. Add chicken to skillet, and cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Add mangoes, bell pepper, broth, scallions, mint, lime zest and juice, and garlic, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover, and cook, undisturbed, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add rice to skillet, and stir to combine. Cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Serving Size 1 chicken breast and 1 cup mango-rice mixture
- Calories 340
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 65 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 200 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g