Find more vegetarian recipes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 12 oz extra-firm organic tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp each ground cumin, ginger and coriander
- ½ tsp each red pepper flakes and ground cinnamon
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 small green cabbage, chopped
- 1½ cups ½-inch-cubed mango
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ½ cup natural unsalted peanut butter
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat oil. Add tofu and cook for about 4 minutes per side, until tofu is crispy. Drizzle tamari over tofu. Continue to cook for about 1 minute, or until tamari has been absorbed.
- Add eggplant, carrots, yellow onion and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes or until onion and garlic are translucent and fragrant.
- Add turmeric, cumin, ginger, coriander, pepper flakes and cinnamon and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to a jar with a lid, add sauce ingredients plus 1 cup water and shake until completely combined (or whisk together in a bowl).
- Reduce heat to medium and add sauce, bell pepper and cabbage to curry. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mangos and heat through, about 3 minutes.
- Divide among servings and top with green onions, peanuts and cilantro.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 472
- Carbohydrate Content: 44 g
- Fat Content: 27.5 g
- Fiber Content: 10.5 g
- Protein Content: 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 558 mg
- Sugar Content: 25.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 7 g