Mango & Red Banana Bowl with Lemongrass-Infused Coconut Cream
A creamy ginger and lemongrass–infused dressing makes this bowl a tropical treat, while hemp hearts and toasted unsweetened coconut add a bit of crunch.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
A creamy ginger and lemongrass–infused dressing makes this bowl a tropical treat. Hemp hearts and toasted unsweetened coconut add a bit of crunch. Red bananas are smaller, sweeter cousins to the big yellow ones we’re all used to, but regular bananas work just as well if you can’t find them.
- 1/3 cup full-fat coconut milk (TRY: Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh lemongrass (TIP: Trim ends and remove tough outer layer then mince inner portion.)
- 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1½ cups sliced red bananas (or regular bananas)
- 1 cup peeled and chopped mango
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
1. In a small saucepan on medium, combine coconut milk, lemongrass and ginger. Bring to a gentle simmer then reduce heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, to infuse coconut milk with flavor. Strain through a fine mesh sieve and discard solids. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
2. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet on medium-low, toast coconut flakes, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Pour into a small bowl.
3. In a serving bowl, combine bananas, mango and hemp hearts. Toss gently with coconut milk mixture. Sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 168
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 5 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g