A creamy ginger and lemongrass–infused dressing makes this bowl a tropical treat. Hemp hearts and toasted unsweetened coconut add a bit of crunch. Red bananas are smaller, sweeter cousins to the big yellow ones we’re all used to, but regular bananas work just as well if you can’t find them.
1. In a small saucepan on medium, combine coconut milk, lemongrass and ginger. Bring to a gentle simmer then reduce heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, to infuse coconut milk with flavor. Strain through a fine mesh sieve and discard solids. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
2. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet on medium-low, toast coconut flakes, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Pour into a small bowl.
3. In a serving bowl, combine bananas, mango and hemp hearts. Toss gently with coconut milk mixture. Sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 168
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 5 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g