Is there anything better than the fresh produce spring and summer bring? During these warm and sunny months, there’s an abundance of in-season fruits and veggies that are at their most delicious. And really, there’s no better time to enjoy plant-based meals. This summery salad combines mangos with cucumbers and carrots, bringing them together with chunks of protein-rich tofu and crunchy almonds for a can’t-miss combo of flavors. And you’re definitely going to want to add this Mango Tofu Salad into your weekly recipe rotation.
Together, all of the plant-based ingredients in this salad deliver a well-rounded meal. The mango offers nearly 70 percent of your daily vitamin C total, and it also packs a lot of copper, folate and vitamins A, B6, E and K. The carrots and cucumber aren’t just crunchy; these veggies both deliver vitamins A and K, plus potassium. And of course, you can’t overlook the tofu, which is rich in protein and fiber.
To bring all of these ingredients together, we’ve topped this Mango Tofu Salad with a simple yet oh-so-flavorful four-ingredient dressing. It adds a nutty, sesame flavor to this colorful seasonal salad. If you prefer, you can easily substitute the peanut butter with almond or cashew butter.
Mango Tofu Salad with Peanut Dressing
- Prepare tofu: In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add tofu; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning on each of four sides, until golden. Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Meanwhile, make dressing: Add all dressing ingredients to a jar and seal with a lid. Shake until smooth.
- In a small skillet on low, toast almonds for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring.
- To a large bowl, add carrots, cucumber, mango, cilantro, tofu and almonds. Add dressing; toss to coat.
NOTE: If making ahead, refrigerate salad and dressing separately. Assemble when called for.
- Serving Size 1⁄4 of recipe
- Calories 323
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 235 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6 g