- 1 2/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup dried cranberries or cherries (TIP: Look for unsweetened or naturally sweetened varieties.)
- 1 cup raw unsalted chopped pecans
- 4 to 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus additional to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let cool completely.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and maple syrup.
- Add 3/4 cup dressing to quinoa. Stir in cranberries, pecans, scallions and salt. Refrigerate overnight. Serve cold or at room temperature; just before serving, stir in remaining 1/4 cup dressing and season with salt.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 325
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 247 mg
- Sugar Content: 20 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4.5 g