- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly mist a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flax seeds and 6 tbsp water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal, baking powder and salt. To cornmeal mixture, add flaxseed mixture, milk, oil and maple syrup. Mix until just smooth, but do not over-mix. Fold in 1/4 cup corn. Pour batter into loaf pan. Top with remaining 1/4 cup corn and sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serving Size 1 slice
- Calories 157
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 150 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g