- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices (about 6 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus additional to taste
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp organic unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a 12- to 14-inch skillet on medium-high, heat oil.
- Add carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in broth and 1/2 tsp salt, scraping up any browned bits in the skillet with a spoon, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until carrots are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Uncover, increase heat to medium-high and cook until liquid has almost entirely evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup and butter, stirring until butter melts. Add traditional salt and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup maple glazed carrots
- Calories: 84
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Cholesterol Content: 3 mg
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 166 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g