Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
NUTRIENT-PACKED TOMATOES: Cherry tomatoes are packed with nutrients including vitamin C, vitamin K and potassium. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that supports the immune system; vitamin K is essential for normal blood clotting and bone support; and potassium is integral for maintaining healthy blood pressure and kidney health. It’s also a great source of the antioxidant lycopene, which protects the body’s cells from free radical damage.
Easy No-Mess One-Pan Meals with Beth Lipton
What if we told you that all you needed was a sheet pan, a skillet and a Dutch oven to slash cook and clean time in more than half and whip up delicious from-scratch meals in just a single pot? It’s so easy, you’ll wonder why you haven’t been cooking all your weeknight meals this way. Join us for the One-Pan Meals online course with Clean Culinary Instructor Beth Lipton.
Find out more info at cleaneating.com/onepanmeals
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Meanwhile, remove crusts from wrapper and stack one on top of the other on a sheet of parchment. Cover with another parchment sheet and roll crusts out to about 12 x 17 inches.
2. Transfer crust to a 9 x 13-inch sheet pan with a 1-inch rim and press crust firmly into corners and sides. (Note: Make sure you are using a pan with raised edges, not a flat cookie sheet.) The crust should extend above the sides of the pan by about ¼ inch; fold extra crust slightly over sides of pan. Bake crust for 7 minutes, until just beginning to turn golden. Remove from oven, poke any bubbles with a fork and let cool for 10 minutes.
3. While crust cools, whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in onion, tomatoes and basil.
4. Pour egg mixture into cooled crust. Arrange cheese over egg mixture, pressing gently to submerge them. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until eggs are just puffy and golden. Let cool for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 507
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 214 mg
- Fat Content 37 g
- Fiber Content 6.5 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 18 g
- Sodium Content 557 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 13 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g