Take-To-Go Asian Stir-Fry Noodle Salad
Layers of colorful veggies and brown rice noodles make for a healthy lunch that is easy to transport. By adding the dressing at the bottom of the jar, the vegetables stay fresh and crisp till lunchtime.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Looking for more easy to pack recipes? Find some here!
- 1½ oz brown rice maifun noodles, aka brown rice vermicelli
- 1/4 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup peeled and chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup frozen and thawed edamame
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 2-cup glass jar with lid
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside to dry.
- Mist a large sauté pan with cooking spray and heat on medium. Add bell pepper, carrot and mushrooms and sauté, stirring constantly, until tender-crisp, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. (TIP: For added visual interest, try sautéing and layering each vegetable separately.)
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, oil, salt and black pepper.
- Build salad: Add dressing to bottom of jar. Layer edamame, noodles, vegetable mixture, sesame seeds and lime wedge. Cover with lid and refrigerate. Just before serving, squeeze lime wedge into jar and shake to distribute dressing. Make up to 1 day in advance.
- Serving Size 1 jar
- Calories 438
- Carbohydrate Content 66 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 467 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g