Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Also try our gingerbread pancake recipe!
- Prepare pancakes: In a medium bowl, mix together flours, 2 tsp matcha, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut beverage, oil and 2 tbsp water; vigorously whisk until frothy. Add dry mixture to wet, and stir until just combined; do not over-mix. Let batter stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Coconut Matcha Whipped Cream (if desired): Collect cream from coconut milk can by scooping out thick white portion that has risen to the top of the can into a bowl (you should have a little over 1/3 cup; discard the water). To bowl, add ½ tsp matcha powder and whisk vigorously until matcha is fully incorporated and mixture is light and fluffy, resembling the texture of whipped cream (or use an electric hand mixer).
- Lightly oil a nonstick skillet or griddle, and heat on medium. For each pancake, ladle 3 to 4 tbsp batter onto skillet. Cook for 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Serve with Coconut Matcha Whipped Cream (if using), coconut oil or maple syrup.
- Serving Size 2 pancakes
- Calories 387
- Carbohydrate Content 48.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 15 g
- Sodium Content 570 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g