Love soup? Discover our favorite cold-weather soup and stew recipes!
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, egg whites, oats, parsley, fennel and pepper flakes. Mix well and shape into 24 1-inch balls.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Working in batches, add meatballs and cook, turning frequently, for 7 to 8 minutes, until cooked through.
- Spoon pasta and meatballs into soup bowls, dividing evenly. To pasta pot, add broth, red peppers, oregano and salt; bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Spoon into bowls and top with cheese. (TIP: For added flavor, drizzle servings with extra-virgin olive oil.) Garnish with additional oregano.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 289
- Carbohydrate Content 31.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 34 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 334 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g