Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Total Cost: $9.87 | Cost Per Plate: $2.47
- Make meatballs: Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Mix together all meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Using a 3 tbsp ice cream scoop, portion 8 meatballs. Use your hands to roll into balls; place on sheet. Cover and refrigerate.
- Make sauce: In a blender, combine tomatoes, onion, vodka, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, paprika, black pepper, pepper flakes and honey; blend until smooth. Line a 6½-inch-diameter bowl with a large freezer bag. (NOTE: Make sure bowl fits inside Instant Pot insert.) Add sauce and meatballs to bag. Seal and freeze. Once mixture is frozen, remove bowl.
To Instant Pot
- When ready to eat, press Sauté on Instant Pot and set to Normal/Medium; heat 1 tbsp oil. Place frozen meatball mixture in pot; cook until some of sauce has thawed and there is about ½ to 1 cup liquid in pot, about 3 minutes. Lock lid and set release valve to Seal. Press Pressure Cook/Manual and set timer to 7 minutes. When cooking is finished, leave vent in seal position and allow pressure to release naturally. When metal pin in lid falls and all pressure is released, unlock lid. Using a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to a bowl. Add cream and basil to sauce. Whisk tapioca in 1 tbsp water; whisk into sauce. Serve meatballs with sauce.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 464
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 99 mg
- Fat Content 31.5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 12 g
- Sodium Content 871 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 15 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g