Mediterannean Farro Salad with Lemon Thyme Dressing
Chewy farro provides toothsome texture to this meatless salad topped with feta, olives and roasted grapes.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
2 cups red grapes
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
1 cup whole-grain farro
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice + 1 tsp lemon zest
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
4 cups baby spinach
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
¼ cup toasted unsalted pecans
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread grapes on a parchment-lined baking sheet; drizzle with 1 tsp oil. Sprinkle with ⅛ tsp each salt and pepper. Roast until blistered, 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, place farro in large pot with 4 cups water; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain and spread on a separate baking sheet to cool, 7 to 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make dressing: In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice and zest, vinegar, remaining 5 tsp oil, thyme and remaining ⅛ tsp each salt and pepper.
4. In a large bowl, combine farro, grapes, spinach, feta, olives and pecans. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to combine.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 417
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 17 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 458 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g