Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven 350˚F. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Prepare Baked Cod: In a small bowl, combine olives, garlic, parsley, lemon zest and juice, black pepper and salt. Set aside.
- On baking sheet, arrange bell peppers skin side down. Brush tops of peppers with 1/4 tsp oil, dividing evenly, then top each half with 1/2 cup spinach and 1 cod fillet. To olive mixture, add 3/4 tsp oil and stir to combine; spread over cod, dividing evenly. Bake until cod flakes easily when tested with a fork, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Chickpea Salad: In a medium skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add chickpeas, 1/4 cup parsley, oregano, lemon juice and 1 tbsp water and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add olives and tomatoes and cook, stirring, until liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes. Stir in feta, remaining 1/4 cup parsley, lemon zest and black pepper; remove from heat.
- Carefully lift bell pepper halves and cod from baking sheet and divide among serving plates. Serve with Chickpea Salad.
- Serving Size 1 Mediterranean baked cod fillet, 1/2 cup spinach, 1/2 bell pepper, 1/2 cup salad
- Calories 363
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 69 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 455 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g