Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Prepare sauce: In a medium saucepan on medium, heat 2 tbsp oil. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes, until softened. Add tomatoes and tomato paste; sauté for 1 minute. Add broth and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in ¼ cup basil. Cover and set aside.
3. Brush remaining 2 tbsp oil onto ciabatta halves. Place on a large baking sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes, until golden. Top bread with cheese and bake 5 minutes more. (If using fresh cheese, you can simply heat lightly or skip this step.) Divide spinach and remaining ¼ cup basil evenly among toasts.
4. Meanwhile, fill a large deep saucepan with 3 inches water and bring to a boil; add vinegar. Reduce heat to medium-low to a gentle simmer. Working in batches, slip eggs into simmering water and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until desired doneness. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel–lined plate. Place 2 ciabatta halves on each plate. Top each half with 1 poached egg. Spoon sauce over eggs.
- Serving Size 2 topped ciabatta halves
- Calories 555
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 386 mg
- Fat Content 36 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Sodium Content 551 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g