Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
COST PER PLATE: $2.49
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium, heat oil. Add onion and eggplant and sauté, stirring often, until softened and beginning to brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add lamb, garlic and salt and cook for about 5 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until lamb is browned. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, oregano, cinnamon, pepper and 1/2 cup water. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until eggplant is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; divide among serving bowls. Spoon Bolognese over pasta and sprinkle cheese and mint over top.
- Serving Size 1 cup spaghetti and 1 cup bolognese
- Calories 466
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 54 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 441 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g