Cost per plate: $1.18
- Prep Time
½ cup thinly sliced zucchini
¼ tsp sea salt
½ cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
2 tbsp all-natural prepared pesto
2 slices whole-grain bread
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
2 white mushrooms, thinly sliced
¼ tsp dried oregano (Try: Simply Organic Oregano)
1. Spread zucchini on a paper towel; sprinkle with salt. Let stand until slightly softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Blot dry with another paper towel.
2. In a small bowl, stir ricotta with pesto. Set aside.
3. In a toaster oven, toast bread on rack just until beginning to turn golden, about 45 seconds. Transfer to the small baking tray that comes with oven. Set toaster oven to 375°F.
4. Spread ricotta mixture over toast. Layer tomato, zucchini and then mushroom on top. Sprinkle with oregano. Bake until ricotta is warmed through and veggies are lightly browned, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 toast with toppings
- Calories: 304
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Cholesterol Content: 32 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 573 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g