For more inspiration, check out our salad page.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2/3 cup sorghum, rinsed (TRY: Bob’s Red Mill Whole Grain Sorghum)
- 1 1/4 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into ½-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 12 oz Brussels sprouts (10 to 12 sprouts), trimmed and sliced thin or shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 head radicchio, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 6 tbsp chopped unsalted pecans, toasted (1 1/2 oz)
- Arrange a rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 325°F. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add sorghum. When water returns to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until tender, 50 to 55 minutes; drain.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Add squash, 1 tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp salt and turmeric; toss well to coat. Roast until squash is tender, stirring 3 or 4 times during cooking, 40 to 50 minutes.
- In a large skillet on medium, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Add Brussels sprouts and 1/4 tsp each pepper and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes. During the last minute of cooking, add garlic and stir it around the skillet with sprouts until just fragrant. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk remaining 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, orange juice, maple syrup, remaining 1/4 tsp each pepper and salt, until combined. To a large bowl, add radicchio, sorghum, squash, Brussels sprouts, vinaigrette and pecans. Toss well to combine.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 465
- Carbohydrate Content: 48 g
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 393 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 5 g