Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
For more inspiration, check out our salad page.
- Arrange a rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 325°F. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add sorghum. When water returns to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until tender, 50 to 55 minutes; drain.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Add squash, 1 tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp salt and turmeric; toss well to coat. Roast until squash is tender, stirring 3 or 4 times during cooking, 40 to 50 minutes.
- In a large skillet on medium, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Add Brussels sprouts and 1/4 tsp each pepper and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes. During the last minute of cooking, add garlic and stir it around the skillet with sprouts until just fragrant. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk remaining 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, orange juice, maple syrup, remaining 1/4 tsp each pepper and salt, until combined. To a large bowl, add radicchio, sorghum, squash, Brussels sprouts, vinaigrette and pecans. Toss well to combine.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 465
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 393 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g