Mexican Chayote Salad
A flavorful and refreshing salad starring Chayote, a member of the gourd family, that can be on the table in 10 minutes.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more summer salad recipes here!
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp each ground cayenne pepper and cumin
- Pinch kosher salt
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small chayote, pitted and julienned
- 1/2 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp finely diced jalapeño chile pepper, seeded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, oil, cayenne, cumin and salt. Add radishes, chayote, avocado, jalapeño and cilantro; toss gently. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size 1½ cups
- Calories 140
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 70 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g