High-Protein Meals for Energy & Fat Loss
High-protein diets are more popular than ever — they support an endless amount of vital bodily functions all while keeping you energized, satiated and a lean fat-burning machine. But there’s more to eating a high-protein than simply doubling the amount of chicken you eat. In our new online course, we’ll cover everything you need to know to do high-protein right, ensuring you’re balanced and healthy — and, we’ll get in the kitchen and cook up a bunch of creative protein-packed meals that go far beyond chicken and broccoli for your most delicious high-protein life possible. Eating clean and getting energized and lean has never tasted so good.
Learn more about High-Protein Meals for Energy & Fat loss at cleaneatingmag.com/highproteinmeals
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cups boxed, jarred or BPA-free-canned unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz BPA-free can unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed (TRY: Eden Organic Black Beans No Salt Added)
- 2 jalapeño chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 12 oz whole-grain farfalle
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup packed fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, optional
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Mist a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mist a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add beef, onion, ½ tsp salt and black pepper and cook, breaking up beef with a spoon, until no longer pink, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, beans, jalapeños, chile powder, garlic powder and remaining ¼ tsp salt. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain; return to pot. Stir in beef mixture.
- Spread half of beef-pasta mixture into baking dish and sprinkle with half of cheese. Top with remaining beef-pasta mixture and cheese, spreading evenly. Bake until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling, 12 to 14 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes. Garnish servings with avocado and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges (if using).
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 435
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Cholesterol Content: 65 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 452 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g