Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a blender, process tomatoes, 1/2 cup onion, 2 whole cloves garlic, 2 tsp chile powder, 1 tsp cumin, oregano, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 cup whole cilantro until smooth. Pour 1/2 cup mixture into a 5- to 6-qt slow cooker and set remaining mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, add beef, remaining 1 tsp chile powder, 2 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp salt, black pepper and zucchini. With your hands, mix thoroughly until well combined. Add minced garlic, remaining 1 cup onion, jalapeño, corn, chopped cilantro, beans and 1/2 cup cheese; mix until well combined.
- Pack beef mixture tightly into peppers, dividing evenly. Arrange peppers, cut side up, in slow cooker. Pour remaining tomato mixture over top. Cover and cook for 6 hours on low. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese on peppers and cook for 10 more minutes, until cheese melts. Serve peppers with sauce, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size 1 stuffed pepper and 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- Calories 290
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 50 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 350 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g