Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Mist a 3- to 3½-qt slow cooker with cooking spray. Add tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, squash, garlic and 1/4 cup water; stir gently. Arrange chicken on top and mist with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine chile powder, cumin and oregano. Sprinkle evenly over top of contents of slow cooker. Cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink in center, 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Turn off slow cooker. Remove chicken and transfer to a cutting board. Stir cilantro, lime juice, oil and salt into tomato-pepper mixture. Pull chicken apart into large pieces, or shred coarsely with 2 forks. Return chicken to slow cooker, gently stir and let mixture sit, uncovered, for 15 minutes, until thickened slightly. Divide rice among shallow soup bowls and spoon tomato-chicken mixture over top, dividing evenly. If desired, top with additional cilantro. If using, serve with sour cream and lime wedges.
- Serving Size 1 1/4 cups tomato-chicken mixture and 1/2 cup rice
- Calories 366
- Carbohydrate Content 36.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 66 mg
- Fat Content 10.5 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 354 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g