Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Prepare tahini sauce: In a small food processor or blender, combine all tahini sauce ingredients and 5 tbsp water; process until smooth. (TIP: You can also do this step in a bowl with a whisk; however, you’ll need to mince the garlic first.) Set aside.
- Arrange an oven rack 5 to 6 inches from top heat source and preheat broiler to high. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray.
- Prepare kofta: In a large bowl, combine chicken, onion, 2 cloves garlic, pumpkin, ¼ cup parsley, nuts, cinnamon, allspice, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne. Using your hands, mix until combined. Divide mixture into 20 1-oz meatballs, and form each into an oval shape. (TIP: Wet your hands to keep mixture from sticking.) Place meatballs on sheet. Broil for 7 to 8 minutes, turning once, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad: In a medium bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Divide kofta and salad among serving plates
- and drizzle kofta with tahini sauce.
- Serving Size 4 KOFTA, 1 1/2 TBSP TAHINI SAUCE, 1/2 CUP SALAD
- Calories 236
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 50 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 260 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g