3 red bell peppers
1 14-oz jar artichoke hearts in oil, drained
4 carrots, cut lengthwise and into quarters
2 zucchini, cut in ½-inch rounds
1 eggplant, cut in ½-inch rounds
¼ cup olive oil, divided
1 tsp each paprika, ground coriander and ground cumin
1 tsp sea salt, divided
½ lb cherry tomatoes, halved
1½ oz unsalted walnuts
1 small clove garlic, peeled
½ lemon, juiced
½ tsp red pepper flakes
4 large eggs, hard-cooked, peeled and cut into quarters
½ cup fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. To a grill pan on medium-high, place whole bell peppers and grill until skin is completely charred, turning frequently, 20 minutes. Put peppers cook, turning halfway, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Set both aside.
2. To a large parchment-lined baking sheet, add carrots, zucchini and eggplant; drizzle with 2 tbsp oil. Sprinkle with paprika, coriander, cumin and ½ tsp salt; toss to coat then spread in a single layer. Roast for 15 minutes. Flip vegetables, add tomatoes and roast for 10 to 15 minutes more.
3. Meanwhile, slough off charred skin of red peppers under running water. Remove seeds and stems.
4. Prepare muhammara: In a food processor, combine roasted red peppers, walnuts, garlic, remaining 2 tbsp oil, lemon juice and pepper flakes. Blend until smooth. Add remaining ½ tsp salt. Pour into a small serving bowl.
5. Arrange muhammara, vegetables, and eggs on a wooden serving board. Garnish with mint.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 423
- Carbohydrate Content: 36 g
- Cholesterol Content: 187 mg
- Fat Content: 27 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 791 mg
- Sugar Content: 19 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 13 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 8 g