1. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, combine kefir, lemon juice, tahini and chives. Set bowls side.
2. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add red and green peppers and continue cooking, stirring often, until peppers soften, 4 minutes more.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and add egg mixture. Cook, stirring often, until eggs are set, 4 to 5 minutes. (TIP:
Remove from heat when eggs are slightly wet, as residual heat from the pan will continue to cook eggs.)
4. Divide egg mixture among pita halves; drizzle with tahini mixture. Garnish with additional chives.
- Serving Size 1 sandwich
- Calories 277
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 281 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Sodium Content 560 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g