Health Benefit: Both beets and sweet potatoes contain beneficial vitamin C. While it is best known as a go-to cold fighter, the vitamin really works by encouraging the production of white blood cells, which can fight any infection.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place 2 large rimmed baking sheets in the oven.
2. In large bowl, combine carrots, beet and potato. Using a clean tea towel or several layers of paper towel, wring out liquid from vegetables. Repeat, squeezing out as much liquid as possible. Discard liquid.
3. Return vegetables to bowl; stir in flour, egg, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper until combined. Brush each baking sheet with 1 tbsp oil; return to oven for 1 minute. Remove from oven. Drop vegetable mixture onto baking sheets, 1 rounded tbsp per latke, and flatten using a spatula or bottom of a measuring cup. Brush tops with remaining 2 tbsp oil. Bake, turning once, until vegetables are golden brown on the edges and cooked through, about 25 minutes.
4. If making topping, crumble feta on latkes and sprinkle with chives.
- Serving Size 4 latkes
- Calories 153
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 31 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 143 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g