- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Lightly mist two 12-count mini-muffin pans with cooking spray, then dust 1 1/2 tsp cocoa powder over surface. Make simple syrup: In a small saucepan, combine cane juice with 1/3 cup water. Bring to a gentle simmer, until cane juice dissolves and becomes syrupy. Keep on low heat.
- In a large saucepan on low, combine butter, chocolate chips, hazelnut butter, remaining 2 tsp cocoa powder and 1 tsp water, stirring constantly, until melted. Remove from heat. Slowly stir in 1/2 cup simple syrup and 2 tsp vanilla. Keep syrup on low heat. Let chocolate mixture cool in pan, stirring frequently to keep smooth, about 15 to 20 minutes. Add flour and salt and stir gently just until combined. In a small bowl, lightly whisk 3 eggs; add to chocolate mixture and stir. Pour into prepared mini-muffin pan. Bake 5 to 7 minutes, until sides begin to pull away from pan; center should still be moist. Let cool in tins for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make meringue: Beat 2 eggs whites, 2 tsp vanilla and 2 tbsp simple syrup with an electric hand mixer on low. Beat until mixture is just holding its shape, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Loosen cakes with a knife and turn cakes over onto two medium baking sheets; spoon the meringue over top. (TIP: For extra flair, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and use a pastry bag to pipe egg whites over top of cakes.) Preheat broiler to high and transfer cakes to oven for 1 to 2 minutes, until meringue is lightly browned.
- Serving Size 1 mini cake
- Calories 132
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 23 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g