Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Place beans, 1/4 cup water and cilantro into the bowl of a 4-cup food processor; purée until smooth. Season with salt and cayenne. Scrape mixture into a sealable container, cover and set aside. (Note: Mixture can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator for 1 to 2 days.)
- Slice baguette into 32 pieces (about 1/4-inch thick) and arrange in a single layer on a tray or cutting board. Spray each slice with cooking spray and flip over, misted-sides-down.
- Spread 1 tsp bean purée onto 16 of the baguette slices. Top each of remaining 16 slices with 1/2 oz cheese (about 1 tbsp) and 1/2 oz chicken. Sandwich baguette slices together, topping each cheese-chicken slice with a bean purée slice, making a total of 16 sandwiches.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and mist with cooking spray. Place sandwiches into pan, cooking in batches. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until bread is light golden brown, cheese is melted and chicken is warm. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size 2 sandwiches
- Calories 217
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 365 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g