Bake the meatloaves on the bottom rack and the potatoes on the top rack so they’ll be done at the same time. If you have some chopped fresh cilantro on hand, add as a colorful garnish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 7 1/2-oz jar roasted red peppers, drained, half left whole and other half finely chopped (1/3 cup chopped), divided
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice plus zest of 1 lime, divided
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 20 oz Yukon Gold baby potatoes, halved (or quartered if large)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp chile powder, divided
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 2 tbsp unsalted tomato paste
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare pepper glaze: In a small food processor, blend whole peppers, 1 tbsp water, lime juice and honey until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix potatoes with 1⁄4 tsp each salt and chile powder; mist potatoes with cooking spray and stir again. Spread potatoes on sheet. Roast until tender and slightly golden, stirring halfway, about 35 minutes. Return potatoes to bowl and gently toss with lime zest.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, gently knead together beef, bread crumbs, corn, tomato paste, egg, remaining chopped peppers and remaining 1⁄4 tsp each salt and chile powder; combine mixture just until it holds together.
- Mist 4 8-oz ramekins with cooking spray. Divide beef mixture among ramekins and gently pack them. Using a pastry or silicone brush, brush tops of meatloaves with pepper glaze. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly, and then use tongs to transfer ramekins to plates. Serve with potatoes.
- Serving Size: 1 mini meatloaf and 1 cup potatoes
- Calories: 379
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Cholesterol Content: 120 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 494 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g