Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a large bowl, toss together riced cauliflower, 1½ tbsp avocado oil, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Spread on 2 large baking sheets and bake, rotating and switching pans and stirring halfway through, until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together coconut aminos, sesame oil, ½ tsp arrowroot and miso. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat remaining 3 tbsp avocado oil. In another small bowl, toss chicken with remaining 1½ tsp arrowroot, ¼ tsp salt and pinch pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until starting to turn golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Stir in bok choy; cook, tossing, until bok choy stem pieces are tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; cook, tossing, until bok choy has released all of its liquid, chicken is no longer pink inside and mixture is fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in miso mixture, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened and chicken is coated, about 1 minute. Divide riced cauliflower among shallow bowls. Top with stir-fry.
Tip: Look for riced cauliflower in the freezer section at the grocery store – it’s a convenient, quick-heating staple to keep on hand. You can also steam or sauté it until tender instead of roasting.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 403
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 83 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 708 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 14 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g