Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. In a large bowl, whisk together miso, broth, chile paste, vinegar, sugar, oil, garlic and ginger. Reserve ¼ cup of mixture in a jar and place in fridge. Place remaining marinade in a zip-top bag and add chicken. Seal bag tightly, pressing out as much air as possible and place in fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat a grill pan to medium- high. Add chicken to pan, discarding marinade. Grill chicken, flipping once, until no longer pink inside and temperature in center reaches 165°F, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a serving platter and brush with reserved marinade. Sprinkle with chiles (if using).
- Serving Size 1 breast with sauce
- Calories 218
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 94 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 402 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g