Miso Orange Glazed Chicken with Carrots & Leeks
Miso is an enzyme-rich, naturally fermented soy product that's been a mainstay of Japanese cooking for centuries.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 5 large carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts, halved lengthwise and sliced 1⁄2-inch thick
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp ground ginger, divided
- 1 tsp dried thyme, divided
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin removed (about 2 lb)
- 3 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp Sriracha or other hot sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F and mist a large, rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- To a large bowl, add carrots and leeks. Add half of each of the following: oil, ginger, thyme, pepper and salt. Toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on prepared sheet. To same bowl, add chicken and remaining half of oil, ginger, thyme, pepper and salt. Mix and place chicken over vegetables. Roast on center oven rack for 20 minutes. Turn chicken and gently stir vegetables. Continue roasting until juices run clear and temperature reaches 165°F in thickest part of chicken, 10 to 15 minutes more. (NOTE: If using larger chicken pieces, remove vegetables after 30 minutes and continue cooking chicken as needed.)
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine orange juice, miso, honey and Sriracha. Pour over cooked chicken and vegetables and gently stir. Divide among serving plates and sprinkle with tarragon.
- Serving Size 2 chicken thighs and 1/2 cup vegetables
- Calories 343
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 128 mg
- Fat Content 13.5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 584 mg
- Sugar Content 13.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g