We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted pine nuts
- 4–6 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil
- 2 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- Pinch ground black pepper (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil (TRY: California Olive Ranch Reserve Miller’s Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
1. In a food processor, pulse walnuts, pine nuts and garlic until finely chopped.
2. Add basil, parsley, salt, and pepper. Start processor and slowly pour in oil through feed tube and process until finely puréed. Add cheese and process until well blended.
Tip: To make a dairy-free version, eliminate the salt and cheese and substitute 1/4 cup brown rice miso or other hearty miso.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 349
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 36 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 322 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 23 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 6 g