Also see Wild Mushroom & Cannellini Bean Stew.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 oz dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz lean ground pork
- 1 large zucchini, diced into ¼-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 4-oz pkg gourmet mixed mushrooms (blend of portobellos, cremini, oysters and shiitakes), sliced
- 4 tbsp white whole-wheat flour
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked whole-wheat orzo
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil on high heat. Add porcini mushrooms and simmer for 4 minutes. Strain mushrooms, reserving liquid. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium-high. Add pork, stirring to break up meat. Cook until brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add zucchini and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Once zucchini is soft and begins to release liquid, add white, cremini and gourmet mushrooms. Cover and cook for about 4 minutes, until mushrooms begin to release liquid.
- Stir in flour and cook, uncovered, for another 2 minutes. Add reserved porcini cooking liquid and bring to a boil. Mix in onion, thyme, orange zest, soy sauce, salt, pepper and porcini mushrooms. Simmer on medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- To serve, place ½ cup orzo in each soup bowl and top with 1 cup mushroom mixture.
- Serving Size: 1 c stew, 1/2 c orzo
- Calories: 235
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 198 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g