Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Love this Molten Lava Cake? Find more clean desserts here!
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray 4 4-oz custard cups or small ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cocoa powder and Sucanat; whisk in applesauce and oil.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk egg and egg white and add to cocoa mixture, whisking until smooth.
- Stir in flour and vanilla until flour is combined completely; do not over mix. Divide mixture evenly among prepared custard cups, place on a baking sheet and bake for 9 minutes. Centers should be soft but sides firm. Invert cups onto serving plates; let stand a few minutes before removing cups. Garnish each cake with fruit slices, if desired, and serve warm.
- Serving Size 4-oz cake
- Calories 250
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 32 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 40 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g