This mood-boosting brew supplies 25% of your DV for potassium, hot on the heels of research indicating that diets higher in potassium and lower in sodium have a positive effect on mood.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 1 apple, cored and seeded
- 1 lemon, peeled and seeded
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 cup fresh parsley, with stems
- 1 cup coconut water
- Using a juicer, process carrots, apple, lemon, ginger and parsley into juice. Combine juice mixture with coconut water and 1 cup.
- Serving Size 2 cups
- Calories 124
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 207 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g