If you're not on a regular schedule, both chicory root and prunes might be just what the doctor ordered. Chicory root has been shown to increase intestinal bacteria – which aids digestion – and prunes are more effective than fiber supplements!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 tsp chicory root instant coffee substitute (TRY: [url href="http://www.amazon.com/Pero-Instant-Natural-Beverage-Canisters/dp/B000ESLJ6C"]Pero Instant Natural Beverage[/url])
- 3 pitted prunes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp natural unsweetened almond butter
- 6 ice cubes
- To a small heat-proof bowl, add chicory, prunes and 1 cup boiling water. Let soak for 10 minutes, until prunes are softened. Transfer mixture (including liquid) to a blender. Add almond milk and almond butter and blend. Gradually add ice to desired consistency.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 157
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 92 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g