We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add beef and cook until browned and cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a 4- to 6-qt slow cooker.
- Return skillet to medium and heat remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add garlic, onion, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, black pepper and pepper flakes and cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes. Add 1 cup broth and stir, scraping up browned bits in bottom of skillet with a spoon. Transfer to slow cooker.
- To slow cooker, stir in remaining 2 cups broth, potatoes, tomatoes, chickpeas and apricots; cover and cook on high for about 4 hours. Season with salt.
- Just before serving, combine zest and mint. Top chili with mint mixture.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 385
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 37 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 154 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g