The Beloved Bird
Chicken is low in calories and rich in protein, a macronutrient essential for repairing tissues and building muscle mass. Darker cuts like drumsticks and thighs are higher in iron, which keeps anemia at bay, and zinc, necessary for optimal immune function. This recipe makes use of a whole chicken, so no cut of meat is overlooked.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
1. In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, parsley, harissa, pepper and salt. Stir in shredded chicken, fennel, grapes and olives.
2. Divide mixture among buns and top with lettuce.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 584
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 112 mg
- Fat Content 27 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 45 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 667 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 11 g