Find more soup recipes.
- Prepare chickpeas: Preheat oven to 400°F. Place chickpeas on a parchment-lined baking sheet; remove any loose skins. Roast for 20 minutes. Add 1½ tbsp oil and pinch salt; toss. Return to oven; roast for 15 to 20 minutes more, until golden brown. (If a few pop, that’s OK!)
- Turn oven off. Toss chickpeas with ¼ tsp cumin, 1/8 tsp cinnamon and pinch ginger. Return to oven with door closed and heat off for 1 hour, or until crunchy. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare soup: In a medium stockpot on medium, heat 2 tbsp oil. Add celery, carrots and onion. Cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Add turmeric, ¾ tsp each ginger and cinnamon, ½ tsp cumin and black pepper and cook 1 minute, stirring. Add tomatoes and 1 tsp salt. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 20 to 25 minutes, until potato is tender.
- Add chicken, cilantro and parsley and heat through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add additional broth to thin out as desired; season with additional salt as needed. Stir in spinach. Top servings with chickpeas and serve with lemon wedges.
- Serving Size 1/6 of soup
- Calories 342
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 40 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 507 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g