Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
If you enjoyed this Moroccan Chickpea Salad, try our Moroccan Chickpea Stew!
Nutritional Bonus: Chickpeas contain the trace mineral molybdenum, which helps detoxify sulfites – a common preservative – from the body. Just 1 cup of chickpeas contains 164% of your recommended daily intake of this essential micronutrient.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt, black pepper and cayenne; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, carrot, onions, tomatoes, red pepper, cilantro, mint and feta.
- Pour lemon juice dressing over chickpea mixture and toss to combine. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 254
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 2 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 204 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g