- Brush a Dutch oven or large heavy-bottomed saucepan with 1/2 tsp oil and heat on medium. Add onion, ginger and garlic and sauté, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add carrots and turnip and sauté for 5 minutes. Add bell pepper, cumin, 1/4 tsp salt, cinnamon, coriander and cayenne and sauté until bell pepper is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in chickpeas, tomatoes, raisins, orange juice, honey and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes more, until all vegetables are tender and liquid has reduced.
- Meanwhile, to a heat-proof bowl, add couscous and 1¼ cups boiling water. Stir in remaining 1/2 tsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Cover and let stand until tender, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and divide among bowls. Top with chickpea mixture and cilantro, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups stew and 3/4 cup couscous
- Calories 470
- Carbohydrate Content 94 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 18 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 347 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g