- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup bulgur
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp each ground cumin, smoked paprika and dried oregano flakes
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 3/4-lb boneless, skinless halibut fillet
- 2 1/2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 3 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp sliced unsalted almonds or chopped pistachios
- 3 tbsp torn fresh mint
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 tsp harissa paste, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat a grill to medium.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Turn off heat and stir in bulgur and 1/8 tsp salt. Cover and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes, until bulgur is tender and water is fully absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cumin, paprika, oregano, pepper flakes and ½ tsp salt. Pat halibut dry and brush both sides with ½ tsp oil. Season top of halibut with spice mixture and let sit at room temperature.
4. Meanwhile, brush zucchini and eggplant slices on both sides with 2 tsp oil and season with 1/8 tsp salt and black pepper. Grill vegetables until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes, flipping halfway.
5. Grease grill grate then grill halibut, seasoning side down, for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook until flesh flakes easily with a fork, about 3 minutes more. Once grilled vegetables and fish have cooled slightly, slice into
6. Prepare harissa sauce: In a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth.
7. Assemble bowls: Divide bulgur mixture among 4 bowls, and top each with fish, vegetables, almonds, mint and harissa sauce.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 428
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Cholesterol Content: 93 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 44 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 669 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g