Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more quick & easy Clean Eating recipes here!
Tangy citrus-glazed carrots provide a sweet and simple side with this Clean Eating recipe.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1½ cups water to a boil. Add couscous, cover and remove from heat.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium. Add carrots and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in orange juice and 1 tsp zest. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 8 minutes, until carrots are slightly softened. Remove from heat and keep covered.
- In a large bowl, combine sirloin, egg white, garlic, almonds, coriander, mint, cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper. With your hands, mix well to combine and shape into 48 1-inch balls.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet on medium. Working in batches, add meatballs and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, shaking skillet often to brown evenly; do not overcrowd. Meatballs are fully cooked when completely opaque in center. Drain over a large bowl to remove excess fat.
- Add remaining zest to couscous and fluff with a fork. Spoon couscous onto serving plates and top with meatballs and carrots, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size 12 meatballs, 1/4 carrots and 1/4 of couscous
- Calories 425
- Carbohydrate Content 55 g
- Cholesterol Content 60 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 359 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1.5 g