Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Prepare Parsnip Fries: Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut parsnips in half crosswise. Halve (or quarter thick parts) lengthwise to make fries of roughly the same size.
- In a large bowl, toss parsnips with 1 tbsp oil, coriander, salt and pepper. Spread parsnips on a large, rimmed parchment lined baking sheet. Bake, tossing once or twice, until golden brown and tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven on medium-high, heat 1 tbsp oil; add carrots, onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add cumin, ginger, turmeric, cayenne, cinnamon, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, squash, lentils and chickpeas; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until lentils and squash are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and 1/4 cup parsley; simmer for 1 minute. Toss fries with 1 tbsp parsley and lemon zest. Serve with stew.
- Serving Size 1 1/4 cups stew and 3/4 cup fries
- Calories 393
- Carbohydrate Content 73 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 17 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 111 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g