1. Prepare bulgur: In a large saucepan, bring 1½ cups water to a boil. Add bulgur, cover and return to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for about 15 minutes, until water is absorbed and bulgur is soft. Remove from stove top and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, prepare salmon: In small bowl, combine paprika, cumin, ginger, ½ tsp pepper, cardamom and salt. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Season salmon with spice mixture and add to skillet. Cook for 4 minutes per side, until flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm.
3. To bulgur, add arugula, cucumber, onion, tomatoes, parsley, mint, lemon juice and ¼ tsp pepper and stir to combine. Divide salmon and bulgur mixture among serving plates.
- Serving Size ¼ of salmon and 1 cup bulgur mixture
- Calories 251
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 53 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 6.5 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 189 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1.5 g