Find more quick and easy meals here.
- Prep Time
- 1½ tbsp reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (TRY: Wholesome! Organic Coconut Palm Sugar)
- 1½ tsp peeled and grated ginger
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1½ tbsp sesame oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 cups chopped shiitake and/or maitake mushrooms
- ½ cup raw unsalted cashews
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 8 to 12 butter lettuce leaves
- Sriracha sauce, to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine tamari, sugar, ginger and cayenne. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium, heat oil. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in mushrooms and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Mix in cashews and half of green onions, then add tamari mixture and stir well. Cook, stirring constantly, until excess liquid has evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes.
- To serve, scoop mushroom filling into the center of lettuce leaves. Drizzle with sriracha, and sprinkle with remaining half of green onions and a squeeze of lime.
- Serving Size: 2 to 3 wraps
- Calories: 186
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 372 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g