Mushroom Chicken Hash
Once you try this hearty, saucy chicken hash, you’ll never turn back – it’s the perfect meal for brunch, lunch or dinner. Our Potato Waffles with Chives (see recipe, below) are a must paired with this dish.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Serve with our Potato Waffles with Chives.
Recipe and Image from Cuisine at Home
- 2 tsp safflower oil
- 4 oz button mushrooms, quartered
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbsp whole-wheat flour, divided
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup green beans, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, 3 minutes. Toss chicken with 1 tsp flour, salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until browned, 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add sherry and scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon. Add broth and cook 1 minute. Stir remaining 2 tsp flour into milk and add to skillet along with green beans and thyme. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Spoon over Potato Wafffles with Chives, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size 1/2 of recipe
- Calories 270
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 86 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 349 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g